- Want to learn more?
Join us for free workshops, hosted by Kirk Haffner, M.S.
For More Information
- Interested? A SOLAR SITE SURVEY will tell you…
- If solar is an option for your home.
- What the cost and savings would be.
- Plus a mini energy audit.
- SCHEDULE TODAY!
South Sound Solar is your local renewable energy expert since 2007. We are a full service solar installer, based in Olympia, WA. We design and install residential and commercial solar hot water and solar electric in Western Washington.
Considering Solar? Talk to the experts:
- Founder Kirk Haffner, Master’s in Physics, is involved in every step of the process, guaranteeing a quality system that is right for you
- Family Owned and Operated
- Based in Olympia, we are as local as possible
- If you are outside our area, we will recommend you to an installer near you
- Systems are custom designed to achieve every goal and meet any budget
- Quality Made in the US Parts
- NABCEP Certified Installer on Staff
- Electrical Engineering staff to assure a properly designed system
- We take care of all the paperwork as part of your installation
- 1 year warranty on all work
- Free Service call after 1st year
- We will service any solar array, no matter who installed it, or when it was installed
How does it work in Washington?
- Washington has 30% more sunshine annually than Germany, the leading user of solar
- Solar is more efficient in cooler climates
- Washington has some of the best incentive programs in the country
- Looking at the scientific data, we estimate a 1kW solar PV system will generate about 1000kWh per year
- The average solar system will pay for itself in 5 to 10 years
Learn more about our current and past projects in our Project Portfolio.
Take advantage of the Federal & State tax credits! Incentives include:
- 30% federal income tax credit for both solar electricity and hot water.
- Reduced Washington State sales tax
- Increase property values and home equity
- Accelerated depreciation for businesses
- Earn a minimum of 15 cents per KWh produced with solar electric
- Provides 60-70% of your annual hot water needs with solar hot water